Friday, October 26, 2007

Russian Madness


The professional choir I sing in is doing an all-Russian program this weekend. It's a difficult language for native English speakers to pick up. For some of the vowels I have to really let myself sound "dumb" on order to get it right. It's been a very difficult concert to prepare, and I still don't feel ready...the performance is 2 days away at this point. It is remotely appealing to give up and let the fire do a number on this notebook. But I'm thinkin' they would just give me a new notebook, and that one won't have my millions of markings in it, which would be quite treacherous and potentially very embarrassing. So I think I'll keep the notebook and keep practicing....oi vey, where's the Vodka?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word I would like to hear this concert for sure! Russian is sooo hard to speak as it has nothing to do with English at all. Good Luck friend. I will toast to your success as I drink my vodka and eat my borsch!! :) Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

aye carumba amigo! see, i can speak russian no problemo. why do you think it's so hard? oh, i know - it's not the russian, it's all those black notes, right?