Friday, October 12, 2007

Cat Puke and Kid Junk


Today, as I sat looking at my poor house: cat throw-up in the living room, baby throwup in every room, enough stray cheerios hanging around to make at least two full bowls of cereal, a mixture of clean and dirty clothes hung over every chair, toys and books galore, teethers, sippy cups and pacifiers lurking in every corner....I thought to myself, "Self, what have you gotten yourself into?"

And then I opened my Bible and randomly laid eyes on this funny little Proverb that I'd never seen before:

“Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of oxen.”

Thank you, Lord, for reminding me that some things are worth our home resembling the beaten path of a small tornado. I'll take cat puke and kid junk if I get to keep the cats and the kids.

No comments: