Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Big Backyard


Remember that magazine from childhood? (My Big Backyard). Man, I LOVED that magazine. It was all about catching bugs in jars (and, of course, letting them go) making outdoor crafts, playing water games, learning about weather, hibernation of animals, etc.

In our own big backyard, we like grilling, playing, jumping on the trampoline, hanging sheets on the clothesline, playing cars, catch, tag, watering flowers, watching the bluejays, squirrels and hummingbirds, and swinging. These are the sweet memories I will cling to when I am old and gray.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word I loved MY BIG BACKYARD!!!! It was totally my favorite thing to look forward to in the mail!!!! You are actually recreating the magazine in your backyard!!! It was great talking to you!!! Thanks for the perspective check!!! :)