Sunday, April 6, 2008

Best Friend Salsa

I give you Best-Friend Salsa. I first made this with my very bestest friend, AK, on her last visit here. It was wonderful and we've both made it separately since. But, I think of her wonderful self when I make it; hence the salsa's friendly name.

Best Friend Salsa

2 avocados, chopped
1 mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped jicama
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Combine all ingredients. Toss to coat. Voila!



Serve with white fish. Sooo yummy. And best enjoyed in the backyard in the late late afternoon. Pure heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word the perfect name for the salsa!!!! :) Ha! It looks so fun chilling in the backyard!!! Ahh I wish I were there big bad time!
AK :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like that picture with this post. That is one of those pictures Gregory and Claesen will look back on when they are older and appreciate the simpler times!