Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Birthday Present For You, My Brother

Dear My Little Brother,
Remember when you spit on the ground, and behold, a Tiny Electric Guitar was born? Perfectly formed, every detail in place, right there on the sidewalk. That day is legendary; a strong showing of excellence that I would love to keep alive.
So, on this, Your Birthday, I honor you with the second installment of our family's Incidental Art Collection: the Easter Bunny Pancake.


Let me say that I was feeling kind of awkward and oddly shameful about making Pumpkin Spice Pancakes so close to Spring and Easter. But when the first Test Pancake came out as this Cadbury-Esque Wonder, I knew that all was well with my culinary choice and with the world. I also knew immediately that it would be dedicated to You.

So enjoy, My Little Brother. And TRULY- have a Great Birthday. We wish we were there to celebrate with you!

PS the recipe is awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tribute sis. Any time you relate to a loogie in a heartfelt moment really touches me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tribute sis. Anytime you can relate to a loogie in a heartfelt moment is very touching.

Anonymous said...

Ha that is an amazing pancake!!! :) I hope you all have a blessed Easter morning. Are you having any fun egg hunts down there? Only a few more months and I will be in your great state! I cant believe it!!!! :) I am starting to get very excited!!!!!
Love ya all
AK :)