Monday, January 7, 2008

The Wise Women



I spent the last week in long rehearsals for last night's production of Conrad Susa's The Wise Women. It's a "Christmas mystery fable" that looks at Jesus' birth from the perspective of the Wise Mens' homegirls. I wasn't so much into the story nor the feminist slant, but the music and the visual aspects were, in some spots, simply stunning. I played one of the wise women. (C'est moi on the right near the bottom, in the burgundy robe).

The director was Vern Sutton. He is a long-known, talented singer and director. He is occasionally featured in some way on Prairie Home Companion as well. It was great to work with him again and some of the other extremely talented singers and artists who contributed to the production. Gosh, I love what I do.




No comments: