Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me




Today was a great day. Jaye had to leave really early, so I had the kids in the morning (he usually helps me get them going). Claesen and I took Gregory to school, and when I got home, Jaye was just returning home, too, with a surprise! 8 beautiful strawberry plants and a cool hanging basket to grow them in. I am in heaven, y'all. Strawberries are on my top ten of God's most amazing creations. The color, the shape, the texture, the TASTE!, even the smell. Ahhh, fruitly perfection. I can't wait.

The rest of the day was great as well, and although we didn't get to go out tonite, we're going to bust out tomorrow night, complete with babysitters on the scene, so it should be one amazing birthday bash extravaganza, I'm sure.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you indeed! Your boys sure are cute, just like mommy! Love you!

Unknown said...

Your first strawberry patch experience happened for you at a very young age at your Centerville home. At about age 3, you were SO intrigued with strawberries - even the teeniest ones! Sadly, we had to leave that glorious patch behind when we moved to Burlington. Finally, 25 years later, you get to have your own crop of "shawberries" as you used to call them!

Anonymous said...

Me as one of your faithful readers am not seeing an update since your birthday as that was days ago....I still havent shipped your birthday present...the silly post office isnt open when I can go. Anyways I love this blog and the updates!!!! :) Love ya!